Helplines and Community Services
- 310-COPE. Community Crisis Response Service. 310-2673 (COPE). Do not dial 905. Mobile, confidential crisis telephone response service. Support, information and referral to other services.Call if you are feeling depressed, feelings of rage; have intense feelings of distress, loneliness, anxiety or fear; are feeling suicidal; are worried that you have nowhere to go; have family difficulties. TELEPHONE SUPPORT DISTRESS LINE 24 HOURS A DAY counselling offered to help survivors cope with loss. Individual support with follow up group meetings. Resource library with 1500 books. Grief counselling for violent deaths.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health camh.ca
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-688-6868 kidshelpphone.ca
- Assaulted Women’s Help Line 416-863-0511 awhl.org
- Wellspring.ca (Cancer Support) wellspring.ca
- Bereaved Families of Ontario bfo-yorkregion.com 905-898-6265
- TELEHEALTH 1-866-797-0007
- York Region Childrens Aid Society yorkcas.org 905-895-2318
- Belinda’s Place belindasplace.ca 289-366-4673. Assistance to women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Yellow Brick House yellowbrickhouse.org 1-800-263-3247. Assistance to abused women and children in York Region. 24 hour helpline.
- Women’s Centre of York Region 905-727-5837
- Addiction Services for York Region asyr.ca 905-841-7007